The New York Post once again names Maspeth High School one of the top ranking public schools citywide.
". . . high ranked debate and mock trial teams."
The New York Post’s high-school rankings are based on the latest available state and city data, using these factors:
- Four-year-graduation rate: 99.2% (weight: 10%)
- Percent of students scoring over 85 on Regents Algebra and Regents English Language Arts exams 62.9% (20%)
- College Enrollment 78.7%
- Number taking SAT exams 89% (10%)
- Average total SAT scores 1488 (30%)*
- Percent of students scoring a passing 3, 4, or 5 on AP exams 41.4% (30%)
*SAT scores from 2015-16 were based on math, critical reading and essay writing sections with a maximum 2400 score. The SAT has since made the essay optional and returned to a 1600-point scale.
Source: New York Post